I have always been slightly wary of using a cabbage leaf as a wrap- I just thought that a wrap is not a wrap without a bread-like encasing! Boy was I wrong! I wish I hadn’t waited as long as I did, because these were delicious! I was expecting a wilted texture and an earthy taste, but instead it was quite durable and delicious! Paired with ground lamb (or any other grass-fed ground meat you may have) it is a meal that I will certainly make again. Not to mention, the leftovers were just as tasty!
Cabbge Wrapped Lamb Burritos
- Coconut Oil
- ½ onion
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8 whole cabbage leaves Fresh
- cilantro (optional)
- Any random veggies you are wanting use up ! (optional)
- Steam 8 whole cabbage leaves. Be sure to let them dry on a towel before filling them.
- Sauté the onion in the coconut oil over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add ground meat, oregano and cumin and any other vegetable you wish to add. Cook, stirring occasionally to break up the meat, until the meat is cooked through. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if you have it on hand.
- Place on steamed cabbage leaf, wrap, and enjoy! TIP: Prepare steamed cabbage leaves ahead of time so that this is quick and easy.
And here's a fun song to sing/dance/infuse your food with love as you prepare this meal for yourself.