'Tis the return of the Franken-Peppers and I hope you are as excited about these guys as I am!
You can add in/take out whatever you desire. It's a versatile recipe, with an oh-so-fun concept!
- 1 cup quinoa (soaked)
- 4 peppers (choose whatever colour)
- ½ onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp rosemary
- Pepper to taste
- Swiss cheese for ‘Face Art’
- Seaweed for ‘Face Art’ (Don't cringe at the thought of seaweed. It's a nutritional power-house and can be very versatile... Stay tuned for a post about that!)
- Feta cheese (optional)
- Soak quinoa in a bowl of water for at least two hours (makes it digestible! Find out more here)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Strain quinoa, then cook according to quinoa directions
- Meanwhile, chop onion and garlic
- Chop the “heads” off the peppers and reserve. Carefully empty out the seeds
- Get creative with your Face Art shapes! Happy “carving”.
- Once quinoa is cooked, mix everything (but the pepper tops and Face Art!) together in one bowl. Adding cheese is optional (but oh so delicious!)
- Distribute mixture into each pepper
- Place stuffed peppers on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 mins .
- Only add your Face Art after cooking the peppers- Or else you get a melted little face :(
You may not necessarily eat the whole pepper at one sitting- but these are great for lunch leftovers!
Wishing you a wonderous mid-October, filled with many pumpkin flavoured delights (and shapes)!
See you in the kitchen,