Fruit Smoothie Time
Looking for a super healthy kick-start to the day or an energizing snack? Get creative with smoothies!!! Here is a basic outline of what you should be putting in your smoothie to make sure it is filling and satiating. Fruit Smoothie
- 1/2 cup fruits
- 1 cup liquid (water, (homemade) almond milk, WHOLE organic milk, plain FULL FAT yogurt, etc...
- 1 tbsp seeds (flax, hemp, etc...)
- 1 tbsp FAT (coconut oil, flax oil, etc...)
- 1 egg (optional- and ONLY if it is pasturized- you should not be eating commercial raw eggs)
- 2 tbsp goji berries (optional- gives a blast of anti-oxidants!)
- 1/4 cup oats (optional- I would skip this if you are trying to loose weight)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender, blend, and enjoy!
*Basically you can add in whatever is in your fridge or cupboard that you think will positively contribute to getting fuel/nutrients into your body!
See you in the Kitchen