Beans Salad with Basil Vinagrette
- 1 lb of beans (green, yellow, etc...)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ tsp Sea salt & pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil
- Add beans and cook for 3-4 mins
- Prepare a bowl of ice cold water
- Drain beans and submerge in ice water for a few minutes
- In a food processor (or you can do it all by hand) chop/mix garlic, basil, olive oil & Dijon mustard until smooth
- Add salt & pepper and mix
- Place beans and vinaigrette in bowl, mix & enjoy!
It is oh-so-important to pair you veggies with a healthy fat (olive oil, butter, lard, bacon fat, etc). Yes- lard and bacon fat- just make sure they are coming from pasture-raised animals.
Anyway, the reason for this is because veggies are full of fat-soluble vitamins (Vitamins A, D, E & K)- meaning, your body will not absorb these nutrients unless it is combined with a fat! So do it. And enjoy. And don't worry, fat doesn't make you fat.
While you prepare this salad, infuse with goodness and good thoughts. Play this song if you need some inspiration: