The other night I ordered pizza for dinner. Not because I particularly wanted to eat pizza, but more so because the day didn't go as I had expected, I only stopped working at 8pm, and by that point, there was no way I was going to make myself dinner.
So pizza it was.
Usually, in when a situation like this comes up, I have something already prepared in the freezer that I can just heat up and eat.
But somehow my freezer was void of any of my prepared meals.
And so, I knew I needed to make some of these oh-so- amazing freezer meals.
And now I'm asking you to join me!
PREPARE 2 FREEZER MEALS
... to give you the peace of mind on those busy days to know that you have something else to eat when you don’t feel like cooking!
Check out the video below for the details.
[su_youtube url="http://youtu.be/U-6_vp5MovI" width="560"]
And it never hurts to commit publicly, so feel free to tweet this out:
[Tweet "I'm committing to this Real Food Health Goal of the month with @beFoodSavvy. #realfood #healthyeating #goalsetting "]
Some of my favourite meals to prepare in advance:
- Sticky Chicken Drumsticks
- Chicken Parmesan (I omit the breadcrumbs)
- Ground Turkey Lasagna (Please, for the love of God, use FULL-FAT Cheese and not anything 'skim'!)
- Parmesan Tilapia
- Crock Pot Jambalaya
- Slow Cooker Chicken Verde (if you can find a "clean" salsa verde)
- Moroccan Red Lentil Soup
- Paleo Slow Cooker Chili
If you want to take it one step further and I highly recommend checking out this amazing resource, From Your Freezer to Your Family: Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes for Every Season (affiliate link):
So remember, take the following steps:
- Before you get up from your computer, choose which 2 meals you are going to make (check out my suggestions, surf around online on your own, or dig out your dusty recipe book!)
- Leave a comment at the end of this blog with what 2 meals you are going to make
- Print this sheet, fill it out & post it somewhere visible so that you will remember to do this! (your fridge, a cupboard, wherever!)
- When you are preparing (or eating!) your freezer meal, share it on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #SavvyGoals
And there you have it. I look forward to hearing what you will stash in your freezer!
See you in the kitchen,