Nothing tastes quite like Winter like a smooth, creamy hot chocolate (anyone else associate tastes with time of the year? I do it all the time and I think it drives my hubby crazy!)
Anyway, hot chocolate in particular reminds me of being a kid, and going tobogganing with my Dad. We would always make hot chocolate when we got back home for a warm, tasty treat.
Here is a recipe for a super simple Hot Chocolate that you will most likely have all the ingredients too already!
(serves 1- can be easily doubled, quadrupled, etc!)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
and if you want it mint flavoured:
- 1 drop of peppermint essential oil (optional- and make sure you have food grade peppermint!)
- Heat milk in a saucepan on low-medium heat.
- Once heated, add in cocoa powder. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Add maple syrup & vanilla and stiry until dissolved.
- Remove from heat, pour into a mug, sit back, relax and enjoy!
Told ya it was easy!
Now go treat yourself to this delicious drink, and why not press play & enjoy the song below as you do so!