I promise, Kale is delicious
Although there are only 4 ingredients to this recipe, there might be a few things you don't have in your cupboard- which I don't generally like to do- but you gotta try this!
Specifically, Nutritional Yeast Flakes (powerhouse for B Vitamins & minerals- also delicious on organic homemade popcorn) is found at Health Food Stores.
Check out this post by my friend Wardee for more info on what exactly it is. These little flakes truly add a cheesy texture to any dish.
- 1 bunch kale
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil (or butter/lard/tallow)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes [/ezcol_1half] [ezcol_1half_end]
- Preheat oven to 350
- Wash kale and remove leaves from stem and cut/rip into bite sized pieces. Discard Stems.
- Spread kale over a cookie sheet (it is going to look like a lot of kale but TRUST ME it is going to decrease in size once the heat gets to it)
- Place coconut randomly over kale
- Sprinkle Salt over kale
- Sprinkle Nutritional Yeast Flakes over kale
- Place in oven- set timer for 2 minutes
- After 2 minutes, take kale out and with a wooden spoon make sure the coconut oil has melted and is spread across all the kale by slightly mixing it
- Place back in oven for ~10 mins (Oven times will vary, there is a fine line between perfect kale chips and burnt kale chips. It's better to keep on checking so that you can take them out when they are in the state of neither being soggy or burnt).
See you in the Kitchen,