It seems wrong that last week I was excited about BBQ season and now I'm giving you a soup recipe... It's been a cold, rainy, dull few days here in Nova Scotia. Unfortunately, my Mama and Pops are visiting during this horrible weather week! But it could be worse, right?
Anyway, when my Mamma arrived she for some reason bought an obscene amount of carrots (10lbs to be exact) so we thought some carrot soup would be a good way to use them up and warm us up!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10 medium carrots
- 4 cups bone broth (ideally homemade)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- Heat Butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion & garlic and cook until soft
- Add carrots and cook for 3 minutes
- Pour in broth and water
- Bring to a boil
- Lower heat, cover pot, and simmer for ~30 mins
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Puree in blender to create a smooth soup! (this may have to be done in batches)
- Return to pot and reheat to desired temperature.
- Stir in lemon juice & season with pepper.
See you in the kitchen,